At CSSK we seek to foster an inclusive and diverse socioeconomic community and wish to make Steiner education more available across our regional community. Our Scholarships program offers a limited number of partly or fully subsidised places to eligible applicants, who would otherwise not have the opportunity to enrol in the school, due to financial disadvantage.
The program for 2020 will offer scholarships for commencement in 2021 in all classes from Kindergarten to Class 7. Each scholarship will provide a subsidy of up to 100 percent of tuition fees for eligible students for the duration of their enrolment at CSSK. In most cases, ancillary fees and charges such as camps & excursions will be the responsibility of parents/guardians. Holders of Pension/Concession Cards can access additional government funding support for costs associated with these activities.
The total number of scholarships awarded for 2021 will depend on the number of applications at each year level, the financial impact, and the social and educational impact on individual classes and the school as a whole.
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be eligible for enrolment at CSSK
- Provide evidence of financial hardship. Generally, this will be met if the child is named as the card holder or a dependant child on a valid government concession card within the meaning of the State Concessions Act 2004, that is on a:
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans Affairs Gold Card
- A commitment to the principles of Steiner education and CSSK is expected from parents / guardians of applicants.
How applications will be assessed and how to apply?
Refer to the full Scholarship Information and Application Form.
Key dates are as follows;
- Applications Open – 30th July 2020
- Applications Close – 27 September 2020
- Applicants Notified – 2 November 2020
- Student Commencement – Term 1, 2021.
How can I find out more?
If you have any questions about the school, scholarships or the application process, please contact our Enrolments Officer, Tracey Robertson on 03 5479 2000 or email Traceyr@cssk.vic.edu.au